It feels good to walk into a garage that is clean and organized! If you are wanting to invest in a garage makeover and can only work on one project at a time, then upgrading the flooring is the perfect place to start. Or, you can design a comprehensive plan with multiple garage improvement projects, such as shelving installation, reorganization, and more.
Things to Consider for Garage Upgrades
Before you lift a finger, take a moment to assess your garage and identify the highest priorities for your renovation projects. Look at everything in the garage: the floors, ceiling, lighting, walls, and more.
Here are a few questions you can ask when putting together a garage makeover plan:
- Is there proper protection on the floor to minimize damage from stains, spills, and road salt?
- Is the lighting sufficient for the activities that are happening in the garage?
- How do the walls look? Do they need paint, drywall, or insulation?
- Do you have sufficient storage solutions and shelving?
Put effort into the planning stages so you have a clear pathway forward to maximize the results of your garage makeover.
Best Order for Garage Improvement Projects
When you have multiple projects planned, then consider the optimal timing to improve the work flow and reduce your overall effort. It doesn’t matter if you are hiring professionals or attempting a DIY approach, it’s a good idea to start from top to bottom:
- Upgrade lighting, including fixtures and bulb replacements
- Repair or install any electrical work that is necessary
- Finish the ceiling and walls – insulation and drywall first, followed by painting
- Repair stairs going from the garage into the house
- Upgrade, refinish, or replace the garage doors (if necessary)
- Apply concrete coating to the flooring
- Install shelving or organizational systems
You can lay out the timeline by talking to the contractors who will be completing each of these services.
Why Concrete Coating for Your Garage Renovations?
Have you been considering the option to coat the flooring in your garage? It’s amazing the difference you will notice after applying a quality coating over the concrete. Here are a few notable benefits you will enjoy from garage floor coatings:
- Aesthetics: The floors look amazing with a fresh layer of concrete coating. You can add flair and personality by choosing the colors and designs.
- Value: Quality concrete coating has a positive impact on the value of your home. It’s an investment to improve the quality of your garage because of the higher equity you will enjoy when it’s time to sell.
- Protection: Concrete coating is durable, which helps to minimize damage from chipping, stains, and more.
- Satisfaction: It feels great to walk into the garage and see a space that you love!
Call the Concrete Coating Experts
Are you considering concrete coating for your garage or any other part of your home? Our team at Happy Valley Exteriors is here to help! Reach out to schedule a consultation so you can get a free estimate for your project. Our office is in American Fork, Utah, and we offer services throughout many of the nearby communities: Lehi, Draper, Alpine, Highland, Sandy, Pleasant Grove, Bluffdale, South Jordan, Riverton, and more. Call (801) 874-3602.