The word is getting out: concrete coatings are gaining in popularity because of the many benefits homeowners enjoy from these flooring treatments. So if you’ve prioritized your home improvement to-do list, consider adding concrete coating at the top of your priority list.
Not only are concrete floors in high demand for garages and commercial buildings, but these long-lasting floors are perfect for many types of businesses and homes.
What Is Concrete Coating?
Concrete coating is any type of liquid finish applied to the surface of a concrete slab. Epoxy is a product commonly used, and you can also find other options like paint, polyaspartic coating, or overlays.
Not only does this coating upgrade the appearance of the concrete. But adding an extra layer of protection is also beneficial for improving concrete durability as well.
5 Benefits of Concrete Coating
Is concrete coating right for you? Here are some of the benefits you can expect:
- Durability: Coating can improve the durability of the flooring in your garage, basement, warehouse, kitchen, or any other location. Concrete coatings are highly resilient and resistant to damage and cracking that often happens with floor tiles. If you are looking for a tough material, talk to us about the most durable polyaspartic coatings.
- Affordability: You need quality floors that are built to withstand daily wear and tear. Concrete coating fits the bill. It’s affordable when you compare the price with other types of flooring. Plus, you can be at ease knowing that you are preventing future costs because this type of flooring doesn’t require much maintenance.
- Maintenance: It doesn’t take a lot of elbow grease to maintain coated concrete floors. This coating protects the concrete to minimize damage, which reduces overall maintenance. All you need to do is mop the floors to keep them clean!
- Versatility: Concrete coatings are great for outdoor (patios and recreational areas) and indoor use (kitchen, basement, garage, and more). Plus, you have full design freedom to choose different color options and design patterns.
- Aesthetics: Upgrade the overall appearance of your concrete floors by adding a coating that gives a polished, smooth appearance. Your home or business will look modern and sleek!
Choosing the Right Type of Concrete Coating
As with any other material used in your home, it’s essential to consider quality. At Happy Valley Exteriors, we use polyaspartic coating because of the durability and overall results that can be achieved.
Most manufacturers use epoxy coatings with excessive solids additives, which has a negative impact on the coating integrity. These cheaper products can lead to many issues, such as discoloration over time when the coating is exposed to the sun.
We never sacrifice quality! Instead, you can expect the best from our team: polyaspartic coatings are UV stable and can be used indoors and outdoors.
Get a Free Quote for Concrete Coating
At Happy Valley Exteriors, we offer full-service solutions for your home, including concrete coating, exterior cleaning, and more. We are located in American Fork, Utah, and serve many of the surrounding cities: Draper, Lehi, Highland, Alpine, Sandy, Bluffdale, Pleasant Grove, South Jordan, Riverton, and more. Reach out to us to learn more about available services and get a free quote. Call us anytime at (801) 874-3602.